On January 8, in Hernán Pérez, more than forty people joined the network of projects that the Mosaic is moving. The meeting was held to discuss the statutes that will guide the objectives and operation of the Mosaic Association. Another topic to be discussed was the name of the same, and after setting up a list of the most varied, with complex acronyms or suggestions of rare reminiscences, the simplest and clearest was chosen; that the name and the name were the same. In the final section, we voted for the team that will represent, from the Board of Directors, to the new organization, these were the chosen ones:
President: María Natividad Alviz Villar
Vice President: Jesús Manuel Martín Crespo
Secretary: Javier Navalpotro Herrero
Treasurer: Concepción Pinteño Bustillos
Members: José Luis Azabal Hernández, Jill Christine Barrett, María Eugenia Pérez Barillas, Manuel Céspedes Sagué, Mikel Cebadero Cayetano
This founding act is very important to give continuity to the efforts and expectations that have been set in motion as a result of the 2015 fire. The Mosaico project can only achieve a real impact on the landscapes of Hurdes and Sierra de Gata, if it has the participation of its population. The transition from theory to reality will be with the personal and collective works of their neighbors. In addition, propitiate this design in mosaic, supposes reversing the tendency to abandon the countryside and stop the demographic bleeding of our peoples and this process is long term. That is why this association was created, which is born with the vocation to continue when the Mosaic project disappears. If one day the works coordinated by the University end, that can not mean the end of the collective effort to make our territories safer and livelier.
The Association has the following purposes:
- Prevent forest fires through the implementation of agrosilvopastoral uses of forests and the establishment of rural population with the help of the methodology of the MOSAICO project.
- Form a network of agents of change in the agrarian sphere: producers, technicians, activists, associations, cooperatives, etc.
- Promote research agrosilvopastoraly innovation through participatory methodologies.
- Revalue agrosilvopastoral activities as generators of social, environmental and economic wealth.
- Contribute to the development of the rural environment and the education of its inhabitants in pursuit of a better quality of life and the strength of our peoples in harmony with nature.
- Empower local populations for the decision-making process in terms of territorial management.
It is very important to consolidate this effort and for it the first step is to sign up as a member, for that everyone who is interested should visit the following link and complete the application:
To see the statutes, click here: